Become a Volunteer
Volunteering with the Bali Children’s Project is a great way to make a worthwhile contribution to those who need it, while at the same time having the opportunity to explore a beautiful and ancient culture.
For these reasons, Bali Children’s Project gets many applications from people wishing to volunteer, and so we have developed guidelines to help define our needs and qualifications for volunteers. These are not rigid but they are guidelines.
Volunteers Can Educate
Bali Children’s Project (BCP) is an educational non-profit, and education is our primary mission. We are looking for volunteers who can educate in these important ways:
- Teach English to children of various ages, either in school or in villages. Experience or training in ESL or TEFL preferred.
- Teach Kindergarten or Pre-school teachers modern teaching methods, skills, games etc or whatever will help the quality of the schools. Experienced teachers wanted for this.
- Teach Health care/Nutrition/Prevention/Dental care/etc. Health care professionals preferred.
- Teach organic, sustainable gardening to youth. Work in village garden that is set up to teach traditional plants. Gardening knowledge a requirement and knowledge of local plants a plus.
- Offer workshops in areas that will prove educational and beneficial to the children. These may be sports, yoga, art, storytelling or a specialty that will enhance the children’s lives. There are many creative and enthusiastic people willing to share things that the children can use and enjoy and we’re interested in hearing about them.
- Provide administrative support.
- A proper Social Budaya Visa which must be issued before travel and is required to legally volunteer. BCP will refer you to an agency to obtain this.
- Professional References including clearance to work with children.
- A commitment of one to two months or more
- A contribution of $60/week helps to cover the BCP costs needed to provide you with the best experience possible for your volunteer activities. This allows us to allocate our existing funds to directly support our children, schools and programs which serve the children and their communities. Transportation to volunteer assignments and costs for translators are additional when needed.
- Health and evacuation insurance to cover any emergencies.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently and provide their own accommodations and food.
The Volunteer Experience is a very rich one, and brings joy to both the volunteer and the children. If you have questions and are interested in volunteering with BCP, please contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss the possibility with you.